Summer Field Program - August
8 - 13, 2005
EMFI Trip Summary
(Excellent=A=4.0; Very Good=B=3.0; Average=C=2.0)
A. Technical Content of the Field Experience
Range of topics
Opportunity to acquire detailed
Opportunity for discussion
Opportunity for interaction
Value of Field Experience
F. Overall Evaluation of the Field
Program - 3.77
1) In your opinion, what were the
most significant strengths of the Program?
- Very comprehensive coverage of
- The technical information.
- Excellent overview of engineering
and environmental aspects.
- Diversity of the sites visited.
- John Rold's commentary was excellent.
- The unique group of people and
their various backgrounds.
- The diverse group [or participants]
really added to the experience.
- The networking opportunities were
- "Unofficial" social
- Great people; wonderful exchange.
- The "communicators"
2) In your opinion, what were the
most significant weaknesses of the Program?
- Long PowerPoint® presentations;
- Could have used a bit more lecture
- Lack of diversity of perspectives
(more about environmental/community issues).
- Little was gained from group critiques
- would favor voluntary group participation to discuss topics, issues, procedures,
etc.; need some formal within-group discussion.
- Pace was a bit hurried at times.
- Double rooms.
- Schedule kills two weekends.
3) Any additional comments?
- Address broader policy issues.
- Expand beyond energy focus.
- Would recommend a better general
overview of the energy situation.
- Would prefer more pro/con approach.
- Would prefer more nights "on
our own;" a little more free time would be good.
- Good balance of fun and learning.
- Would prefer single rooms for
"down time" and privacy.
- Mixed feelings on sharing rooms.
- Flawless organization/implementation.
- Extremely well organized - designed
to make things simple for participants.
- Wonderful, helpful staff.
- Great people who put together
a first class experience.
- Staff was superlative! Many thanks
for the above-and-beyond attitudes and program.
- Wonderful experience - will recommend
to my colleagues.